Living with a parrot is not easy:
- Parrots are wild creatures, not domesticated pets.
- They cannot be kept in a cage all of the time.
- They are very messy, and their cages must be cleaned every day.
- They will chew on everything they can, including your clothes and furniture.
- Many parrots will never speak, but they will definitely scream, and scream loudly.
- Parrots will be jealous of or dislike your friends and family.
- ALL parrots bite, and can bite really hard.
Do your research and be 100% sure you really want a parrot:
- A parrot is a very long term commitment. The larger parrots can live to be 80 years old;
- Take the time to learn about parrots and know what you’re getting into.
- Adopt instead of buying a parrot. There are many unwanted birds that need a good home.
It might take time for you to find a parrot to adopt, but it will be worth it, you will have saved a life.
- Lucky Parrot offers permanent sanctuary to parrots.
- We do not breed, buy, sell, or broker parrots, or exploit them in any way.
- All the Lucky Parrots are here permanently; we do not adopt out birds.
- A quick Internet search for local parrot shelters will show you where you can adopt a parrot of your own.